This healthy snow pea and chicken stir-fry recipe has a citrusy mojo sauce. Because stir-fries cook up quickly, have all the ingredients prepped and next to the stove before you turn on the heat. Serve over brown rice or soba noodles.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups 1/2- to 1-inch carrot slices
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups snow peas, trimmed
- Top 10 Recipes From the September/October 2015 Issue of EatingWell
- Vegan Vegetable Side Dishes
- Bok Choy & More Asian Greens Recipes
- Gluten-Free Side Dishes and Salads
- Easy Stir-Fry Recipes
You Might Also Like
- Shrimp & Snow Pea Stir-Fry
- Dan Dan Noodles with Pork & Snow Peas
- Garlic Stir-Fried Snow Peas & Pea Greens
- Cashew-Snow Pea Stir-Fry
- Stir-Fried Snow Pea Shoots with Pancetta
- To prepare sauce: Combine lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, olive oil, cornstarch, salt, cumin, oregano and pepper in a small bowl. Place near the stove.
- To prepare stir-fry: Heat a 14-inch flat-bottom carbon-steel wok over high heat. (You’ll know it’s hot enough when a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact.) Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat. Add chicken and stir-fry until just cooked, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate.
- Swirl in another 1 tablespoon oil; add carrots and scallions. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; add garlic and snow peas. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Return the chicken to the wok. Add the reserved sauce and cook, gently stirring, until well coated and hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate the sauce (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 356 calories; 22 g fat (5 g sat, 11 g mono); 76 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g total sugars; 24 g protein; 4 g fiber; 541 mg sodium; 529 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (220% daily value), Vitamin C (86% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 1/2 fat