Fever blisters (cold sore) are caused by a type of virus called the herpes simplex. An outbreak often occurs around your mouth. It usually heals after at least two to three weeks. The symptoms of fever blisters are pain, tingling and burning sensations, swelling, and inflammation. Furthermore, they often appear the small and white blisters on the same area where activated by the virus. Getting fever blisters can not only be a real pain but also even spoil your beauty.
Are you suffering from the above symptoms? Do you concern about fever blisters treatment at your home? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. This article shows you the best treatments to treat fever blisters fast & safely from reliable sources. Continue reading this writing to discover these 8 natural treatments in more detail!
Top 8 Effective Ways To Treat Fever Blisters At Home
Due to antiviral agents of enzyme in garlic, it becomes a useful ingredient in fever blisters treatment. Furthermore, its antibacterial properties can help disinfect the area as well as decrease the healing time.
- Firstly, you crush gently some garlic cloves (two to three cloves) to make a paste.
- Then, you rub it on your fever blisters.
- You keep it on for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- You should do the process three times per day for two days.
Note: You should sting a bit of garlic when applied because it is potent.
Cold compresses not only reduce pain significantly but also alleviate the swelling and redness regarded to fever blisters. In addition, it will also stop the condition from spreading.
- You wrap some ice cubes in one soft washcloth.
- Then you put it over the affected skin areas for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- You should apply this way every 3 – 4 hours.
- After each session, you should use lemon balm ointment to your pain area.
Toothpaste has ingredients such as menthol, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda that can make blisters dry quickly. In addition, sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste can help decrease the size of your blisters within one or two days. You can choose the following ways:
- Way 1: you use a bit of white toothpaste on your affected areas. And then you keep it on overnight, or for about two hours. Finally, you rinse it off with a wet washcloth and then use petroleum jelly. You should repeat this treatment once daily till the blisters heal completely.
- Way 2: you mix white toothpaste (one teaspoon) and salt (one-half tablespoon). You use a cotton swab; you apply the paste on your fever blisters before bedtime. You keep it on overnight and wash it off with warm water the next morning. You should practice daily as needed.
Yogurt, which contains lysine, prevents the virus that leads to fever blisters. It has an important part in stopping the virus from getting active. You can make a facial mask with yogurt and an egg to soothe and heal your blisters area.
- Firstly, you mix one cup of yogurt, one egg, and honey (one tablespoon) to make a thick paste.
- Then you apply this paste on your fever blisters by using a cotton ball.
- You keep it on for about half an hour, and finally you wash it off with warm water.
- You should practice the process once per day as needed.
Apart from that, you try to eat a cup of yogurt about two or three times per day to treat fever blisters quickly.
- Tea Tree Oil
Due to antiviral properties in tea tree oil, this oil can quickly and effectively get rid of fever blisters
- Way 1: you have to add water into tea tree oil to dilute it at a ratio of 1: 3. Then you use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on the affected area 3 times per day. Within a couple of days, the fever blister will heal completely.
- Way 2: you mix equal amounts of olive oil and tea tree oil. Then you add a little of eucalyptus oil. Finally, you apply this mixture on your blisters three times per day for about four to five days.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another fever blisters treatment. Apart from natural healing powers, antibacterial properties in aloe vera can help disinfect your infected area. In addition, aloe vera is known to reduce pain, lower inflammation, and speed up healing.
- Firstly, you cut one aloe vera leaf to take the gel.
- You apply this gel on your affected areas with your fingertips. You keep it to dry on itself.
- And then you rinse the area with warm water and pat dry by a soft towel.
You should practice the way several times per day for three to four days.
- Tea Bags
Tea, which has tannic acid- an astringent, has antiviral properties. Therefore, it can be used to treat fever blisters effectively and quickly. Furthermore, tea contains antioxidants and many vitamins that will help cure the blisters.
- You put a tea bag (green or black tea) into one glass of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Then you throw the tea bag and let it cool.
- Now you can compress the tea bag on your affected areas for one few minutes.
- You should practice this five to six times per day within three to four days.
- Raw Milk
Another very simple fever blisters treatment is raw milk. The cold milk can reduce the pain and soothe your tingling sensation.
- You soak one cotton ball in cold raw milk.
- Then you apply the cotton ball full of milk on your affected areas.
- You keep it on for 10 minutes.
- Do this several times a day for three to four days.
You should be careful and you do not touch your fever blisters. You make sure that you rinse your hands regularly to not spread this virus. In fact, fever blisters are contagious. Therefore, you should not consume drinks and foods together with others when you have an outbreak.
Natural News Blogs News Feed