Are you a fan of the classic chicken sandwiches at Chick-fil-A? The southern fried food is popular throughout the country. But eating healthy at Chick-fil-A can be a challenge. Many of the most popular menu items are high in fat in calories. But with some smart planning you can eat a full meal at Chick-fil-A for under 500 calories
How to Eat Healthy at Chick-fil-A
The best way to eat a healthy low calorie meal at Chick-fil-A is to check the menu onlinebefore you visit the restaurant.
That way, you can make your food choices in advance and calculate your food intake tokeep the calorie count in control.
There are two features to check out on the website:
- Healthy Lifestyle Suggestions. The restaurant provides pre-selected meals for people who are trying to eat a healthy diet. You can choose from several complete meals that are either low in calories, low in carbs or low in fat. The website also provides ingredient information, health tips for diners and guides for diners with allergies.
- Meal Calculator. The Chick-fil-A website also provides a helpful menu calculator. Use the tool to see nutritional totals for meals you customize. For example, if you absolutely love the Classic Chicken Sandwich, you can add it to your meal. But you’ll see that it provides 440 calories. So you can scroll through the side dish offerings to find an accompaniment for less than 60 calories to keep your meal total under 500 calories. You’ll see that cole slaw makes the calorie count skyrocket. But if you delete the cole slaw and add a fruit salad instead, your total meals tops out at 485 calories.
Chick-fil-A Meals Under 500 Calories
Chicken is a food that many dieters include in their meals because it provides a healthy dose of protein.
But when chicken is fried it comes bundled with fat and calories. So many of the foods at Chick-fil-A are off limits to dieters who want to keep their caloric intake under control.
But there are healthy grilled items on the menu that are just as delicious and much more healthy. When you first glance at the menu, search for those items first.
Grilled Chick-fil-A Meal: 425 calories
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Side Salad
- Low Fat Italian Dressing
Fried Chick-fil-A Meal: 435 calories
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich (half)
- Waffle Potato Fries (half)
- Fruit Cup
Chick-fil-A Salad Meal : 460 calories
- Grilled Market Salad
- Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- Icedream Cone (small)
Regardless of which food items you choose to eat, remember to drink water instead of soda when you visit Chick-fil-A or any fast food restaurant. It’s a better choice for your body – especially when you consume salty fried foods.
Weightloss News Feed