Asparagus adds a touch of spring to this overstuffed ham-and-cheese twice-baked potatoes recipe. Use another vegetable, such as broccoli, if you prefer.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- Low-Calorie Recipes for 8 Secret-Weapon Foods for Weight Loss
- Healthy Recipes for Spring Foods That Help You Shed Pounds
- Recipes for Leftovers
- Healthy Hash Recipes
You Might Also Like
- Asparagus & Ham Stuffed Potatoes for Two
- Rosti Potatoes with Ham & Cheese
- Sweet Potato Hash with Black Forest Ham
- Salad of Lima Beans, Cured Ham & Mint
- Potato, Asparagus & Mushroom Hash
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add asparagus, cover and steam until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the steamed asparagus with ham, sour cream, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, 6 tablespoons chives, salt and pepper in a bowl. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut off the top third, then gently scoop out the flesh; add to the bowl with the ham mixture and gently mash together.
- Place the potato shells in a microwave-safe dish and evenly divide the ham mixture among them. (They will be very well stuffed.) Top each stuffed potato with 2 tablespoons of the remaining cheese. Microwave on High until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes. Garnish with the remaining chives.
Tips & Notes
- No microwave? No problem: Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Fill the potato as directed and bake the stuffed potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet until the filling is hot, about 15 minutes.
Per serving : 386 calories; 13 g fat (8 g sat, 4 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 4 g fiber; 689 mg sodium; 1196 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (34% daily value), Vitamin C (32% dv), Calcium (29% dv), Folate (22% dv), Zinc (21% dv), Magnesium (20% dv), Vitamin A (18% dv), Iron (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 medium fat meat, 1/2 fat