The colon is responsible for extracting water, salt, vitamins and nutrients from indigestible food matter, processing food that was not digested in the small intestine, and eliminating solid waste from the body. However, when it doesn’t function properly, it begins to absorb toxins instead of eliminating them, thereby causing problems like fatigue, weight gain, headaches, chronic constipation or other intestinal disturbances.
If you suffer from these problems, you may want to try a natural colon cleanse to flush out some of the toxins in your body that are contributing to your ill health. With the help of colon cleansing, you can easily get rid of harmful toxins and promote healthy intestinal bacteria. It will also help increase your energy and improve the body’s absorption of vitamins and nutrients. Here are 10 effective home remedies for colon cleansing.
1. Apple Juice
Fresh apple juice is one of the best home remedies for colon cleansing. Regular consumption of apple juice encourages bowel movements, breaks down toxins and improves the health of the digestive system.
- Start your day with one glass of unfiltered apple juice.
- After 30 minutes, drink one glass of water.
- Repeat this routine several times throughout the day and continue for three days.
- When following this remedy, avoid consuming solid foods.
Note: Freshly squeezed apple juice provides the best results, but if it is not available, you can use packaged organic apple juice.
2. Sea Salt
Another effective ingredient for colon cleansing is sea salt, thanks to its detoxifying properties. Sea salt removes fecal matter from your intestines and restores optimal intestinal movement that carries food through your digestive tract.
- Stir 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt into a glass of warm water and drink the mixture in the morning on an empty stomach.
- If you can’t drink the mixture straight, mix about 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice into the sea salt-water.
- If you still can’t drink it with the added lemon juice, add enough maple syrup or agave nectar to the mixture.
Nice, refreshing, plain water will make everything in your body function better. Drinking enough water will give your body the liquid and lubrication required to flush out the harmful toxins and waste from the body in a natural manner.
Drinking plenty of water will also stimulate the natural peristaltic action, helping the food to move through the digestive system. Instead of drinking 8 glasses of water, look at the color of your urine. If it is pale yellow or near-clear you’re doing a great job; if it’s darker than that, start drinking more!
4. Flax and Chia Seeds
Unique in their nutritional profiles, both flax and chia seeds possess fats and fiber that help promote healthy digestion and a clean colon. Both are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, for instance, which have been shown to stabilize cell walls and reduce inflammation.
Flax and chia also contain their own unique blends of soluble fiber, which bind with food to optimize the digestive process.
5. Cayenne Pepper and Lemon Juice
Cayenne pepper breaks down mucus in your colon, while lemon juice eliminates toxins.
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper into a 10-ounce glass and then add 4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Fill the glass with warm water and stir thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of organic maple syrup to sweeten the mixture, if desired.
- Drink on an empty stomach up to five times per month to cleanse your colon.
- If you don’t like the taste of the warm mixture, let it cool for 10 minutes, re-stir and drink.
6. Fiber-Rich Foods
Foods rich in fiber help keep the stools soft and improve the bowel movement, which ultimately encourages the body to expel waste products.
You can add a lot of fiber into your diet by eating fresh fruits like raspberries, pears and apples, as well as fresh vegetables like artichokes, peas and broccoli. Cereals, whole grains, nuts, beans and seeds also contain a good amount of fiber.
7. Fermented Foods
There are bacteria in fermented foods that are very good for you and your colon. Without them, certain nutrients go unsynthesized, toxins don’t degrade, and disease-causing micro-organisms can set up house in your digestive system. Basically, they give the cells in your colon the energy to do their job.
- Yogurt, miso, kimchi, and sauerkraut are four examples of fermented foods. Kefir and kombucha tea provide the good stuff through drink, too.
8. Raw Vegetable Juice
For colon cleansing, it is essential to keep away from processed and cooked food for 1-2 days. Instead of solid food, drink fresh vegetable juice several times a day.
- Pick a variety of vegetables, including green vegetables that you wouldn’t normally think of drinking, such as celery, broccoli, kale, lettuce, wheatgrass. Add carrots and apples to improve the taste of green juices.
Note: Don’t consume ready-made vegetable juices as they don’t contain the effective enzymes that help your body break down and remove waste products. You can easily make fresh vegetable juice at home using a juicer or blender.
Avocados are another great option for healthy digestion and effective colon cleansing. They are rich in fiber, and include both soluble and insoluble varieties at a ratio of about one to three, which is quite unique. Insoluble fiber is the type that promotes healthy bowel movements and cleanses the colon.
Avocado’s soluble fiber content is also important for absorbing water and binding with other digested substances to help them easily move through the digestive tract. This mechanistic “gelling” effect also helps maintain bowel regularity in its own unique way, and prevents the toxic buildups that can lead to irregularity and constipation.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is known for its detoxification abilities and acts as a laxative, hence it is regarded as an effective colon cleanser. The medicinal properties of aloe vera gel will not only improve your colon health, but it will also treat other health problems like headaches, skin infections, diarrhea,stomach cramps and constipation.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to fresh aloe vera gel and put the mixture in a blender to make a few ounces of smooth juice.
- Keep this juice in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Drink it several times a day for a few days.
- Stay away from laxatives or visiting a colon cleansing clinic, unless recommended by a doctor. Using these techniques of colon cleansing can actually harm your health.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated beverages, such as soda and coffee.
- Schedule your colon cleanse to begin on a day when you do not have to leave the house to give your body time to adjust to the internal cleansing process.
Body Archives-Selfcares News Feed